The Seattle Women’s Assistance Fund (SWAF) is a non-profit founded in 2012 to provide basic services to homeless and low-income Seattle-area residents by providing free clothing donated through Two Big Blondes Plus Size Consignment Store.
- Clothing Boutique: Weekly appointments are available to choose free clothing & accessory items.
- Back-to-work /Job Assistance: Case managers are able to make appointments for their clients to shop at Two Big Blondes for an interview outfit and/or new job attire.
- LGBTQ+ Support: SWAF has an emphasis on assisting often under-served communities including the LGBTQ+ community. We provide women’s clothing and accessories to anyone who is need of those items and provide extra assistance to those transitioning to women’s clothing.
- Winter Warmth: During the winter months, we coordinate a winter coat drive.
- Basic Hygiene: We also coordinate a toiletry drive and hand out cosmetic bags with basic hygiene toiletries such as soap, shampoo, razors, maxi-pads and cosmetics as supplies last.
SWAF receives clothing donations year-round through Two Big Blondes consignment. We also have a bi-annual Bag Sale at which you can fill-a-bag for $10 which benefits SWAF.
In addition, direct contributions can be made through PayPal. We also take donations of coats & toiletries in the fall & winter and fulfill special requests through our annual Holiday Giving Tree.
Volunteer opportunities are also available - email us for more information!
“Dear Lisa & the crew – your caring and generosity touch as at our heart’s core. Your gifts brings us to grand (if not grandiose) heights. Thank you from all of us!” - SWAF Client
IN THE NEWS:
Two Big Blondes and a SWAF client were featured in the recent HuffPost article, "Businesses Are Finally Stepping Up To Help The Homeless Crisis."