How to Consign
Bring your quality used and new items to us - we sell them for you and share the proceeds with you!
We have updated these guidelines based on new health & safety guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand that it makes consignment a bit less convenient than before, so we thank you for being patient while we navigate this new environment. We will continue to post updates as any further changes are made.
Read more about how to consign below or fill out the Consignment Appointment Request Form. NO CONSIGNMENT will be accepted August 15th - 30th due to our sale.
Learn more about how to maximize your consignment success from our Consignment Best Practices Series.
GATHER & PREP
Select your items based on the following criteria:
- Clothing sizes 14 & up, shoes size 8 & up, and all accessories
- Ready for sale:
- Washed and ironed or dry cleaned
- No stains, odors, or pet hair
- Free of visible wear
- Working zippers and all buttons attached
- Hanging. All clothing must be on hangers. Shoes & accessories can be in bags or other containers. We will return hangers by request. We have some free hangers available as well.
- Contemporary clothing: primarily purchased within the last few years. We do take some select vintage pieces.
- Seasonally appropriate: we accept consignment based on the season. Please review the July & August Consignment post for more details on what we are currently looking for.
- Quality brands: There are some brands that we do not accept based on the low original retail price, including most brands from Target, Walmart, and other discount stores. View a list of brands we do not accept in on our FAQ page.
BRING YOUR ITEMS TO US
All consignment will continue to be dropped off so we can hold them 24-48 hours prior to going through the order.
- 20 items or less: you can drop-off without an appointment on Saturdays 11:00 am - 5:00 pm. (No consignment accepted June 5th or 12th)
- More than 20 items: fill out the Consignment Appointment Request Form and we will be in touch by email to make an appointment. NO CONSIGNMENT will be accepted August 15th - 30th due to our sale.
We will review your items and confirm the number of items taken for consignment. Items we are unable to consign will be returned to you by appointment or will be donated to our affiliated non-profit Seattle Women's Assistance Fund (SWAF). We may reject items if they are stained, soiled, out-of-date, or in ill repair as well as in consideration of our current inventory. Please review our Donation & Drop-Off Policy on our FAQs page.
The first time you consign you will complete a Consignment Agreement and will need to show a picture ID.
Once accepted, items are entered into our database and an inventory list with pricing and expiration date is emailed to you. Your items are available for sale for 100 days.
During the majority of your consignment period, your inventory will be sold at full price. Before they expire, items are reduced to 25%, 50%, and 75% off for varying periods of time. In addition, we have sales & special promotions to increase sales volumes. We always strive to get the best possible price for your items.
As items sell, you receive 40% of the sale price and your account balance will accrue. We do not notify you when items sell, but you can contact us at any time for your account balance.
SHOP, COLLECT, OR DONATE
Your account is credited with 40% of the sale price as items sell. You receive a 25% bonus on your available credit when used for in-store purchases.
Your balance does not expire and remains on your account until used in-store or you request a payout. To request a payout of your available balance you may either:
- come to the store to pick it up for no charge, or
- request a check to be mailed to you for a $1.00 fee. Request via email or phone and the check will be mailed the following business day.
At the end of your 100-day consignment period, unsold items may be claimed by appointment. You must contact us 5-7 days prior to the expiration date on your inventory list. Items not claimed by the expiration date become the sole property of Two Big Blondes. Unclaimed items are donated through Seattle Women's Assistance Fund (SWAF) to local low-income and homeless women.