Two Big Blondes Plus Size Consignment is a resale store for women's clothing size 14 and up & accessories located in the Central District of Seattle. We have been in business for over 20 years with a simple philosophy: happy customers, a warm inviting place to shop, a comfortable space to embrace the beauty of our bodies, and quality clothes at great prices.
We currently have openings for a regular part- to full-time (approx 24-40 hours depending on shifts) position and on-call positions to work on the floor as a sales associate providing customer assistance and inventory management. Potential shifts are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Candidates must be available to work on Saturdays.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A high affinity for customer service
- Comfort working with a diverse clientele
- A perspective of body positivity for all
- Interest in lending your creativity to the store's aesthetic
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
The sales associate will be responsible for:
- Assisting customers find clothing while providing excellent customer service.
- Communicate with customers about store policies and opportunities including consignment process & events.
- Tagging clothing and organizing clothing racks, ensuring clothes are in locations based on category, size, color, etc.
- Maintaining a clean, organized sales floor.
- Monitoring store displays, developing theme for displays with other staff, and ensuring that displays remain complete.
- Preparing store for opening & closing with cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping outside, garbage & recycling, and restocking supplies.
Possible growth opportunities include:
- Knowledge of plus size fashion and garment styles & fit.
- Perform Point of Service at register, with understanding of database functions including consignor database, sales, returns and layaways.
- Assisting our non-profit SWAF clients with free clothing and other supplies
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be on time and be self-motivated.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- Speak English fluently and communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Physical demands: Ability to lift up to 15 lbs regularly. Ability to bend/stoop and reach/pull frequently. Ability to carry and walk/stand constantly throughout the day. Ability to climb stairs.
How to Apply
Reply to this posting by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "sales associate position." Please use email for communication about this opening. Interviews will begin the week of September 17th.
View online job announcement: https://conta.cc/2PA510g