MARCH 26, 2020: We'll continue our temporary suspension of open / public hours as ordered by the Governor in his "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" proclamation until we're advised it is safe to re-open. All consignments & layaways are essentially frozen until we re-open. Contact us via phone message or email with questions.
MARCH 16, 2020:
We’ve been here 23 years … and plan to be here 23+ more! However, to do our part in the containment of COVID-19, we are suspending our public/open in-store hours as of Tuesday, March 17th for at least two weeks. An exact re-open date will be announced when Public Health experts indicate it is safe to do so. We will be communicating with customers & consignors in more detail in the next couple days.
We're adjusting to rapidly changing information & recommendations. Although we do not fall withing the Governor's recent retail closure recommendations, listening to public health experts and thinking about how to best take care of our customers and community, suspending our public open hours is the best thing to do. We will have more details tomorrow about how you can still shop with us - including through our online shops and through Facebook & Instagram. Thank you for your patience as we sort it all out!
While these times are a bit scary, please know how important our Two Big Blondes community is to us and that nevertheless, we will persist!
Well…what times we are living through! First & foremost, we thank everyone for their support. We are thinking of our TBB community as we navigate through this uncharted territory. I’m writing to let you know how things stand at this moment, but everything is changing rapidly. As we monitor and react to new information, I will continue to update you if conditions change for us at our store through emails, our website and social media.
- Keeping our physical environment clean with continual sanitation of shared spaces & physical objects in our store including hand sanitizer stations throughout the store.
- Ensuring any employees with symptoms of illness (whether or not COVID-19 related) stay home until they are well. We have had no known exposure to the coronavirus.
- Increasing online spotlights & selling.
- Offering personalized shopping assistance. Contact us with what you’re looking for and we can email or text photos of what we have in-store. We can then ship or hold for pick-up. Free shipping on orders over $75.
- Extending layaway deadlines. Monthly payments are still required but the final pick-up date can be extended by request. Call in a payment over the phone with a credit card, mail a check, or even pay with PayPal or Venmo if you are not able to come to the store for payments. On the other hand, if you want to pay off your layaway we can keep it here until you're ready to pick it up.
- Extending consignment period by 20 days to all items currently on consignment and new consignment orders until further notice. Your new “expiration date” will be an additional 20 days to what is listed on your inventory list email. Please email us if you need that list re-sent. If you have a pick-up date scheduled in the next 20 days let us know if you’d like to change it based on the new end date.
- Continuing our Seattle Women’s Assistance Fund appointments. We know that the need for clothing will not only continue but will grow and we want to maintain this service to our neighbors. We are assessing other ways we can help our neighbors in need as well.
- Purchase gift cards and items we list on our social media pages & online. Sign up for our online shopping newsletter for updates.
- Change your payment preference from mailed check to store credit. If you normally receive a mailed check for payment and have a consignment ending in the next couple months, consider changing your account to store credit for the time being. Please email us if you want to change your account payment choice.
- To protect our staff and other customers, do not come in the store if you are experiencing any signs of illness or have come in contact with anyone with COVID-19. In addition, if you are quarantined due to a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case, and use that time to clean your closet, please do not bring in any consignment for an additional 14 days past your quarantine period or illness recovery.