Learn how to create new items from pre-owned items with our UPCYCLING WORKSHOP EVENT. Consignment saves clothing from going to the landfill and reduces the carbon footprint from wasteful new clothing production. Learn more about saving money & the environment with upcycling at our July event!
- Free workshops to demonstrate easy & fun ways to reuse textiles (see below).
- Pop-up shop by Sami Duct Craft: fun & vibrant handmade duct tape wallets & accessories by teenage entrepreneur Samira.
- Door prizes including:
- Reusable bees wax food wrap or cutlery kit from Eco Etikit, made from upcycled materials.
- $25 Orca Card + upcycled laptop case made from bicycle tires by Seattle-based Alchemy Goods
- $25 TBB Gift Card + upcycled laptop case/clutch made from African fabric scraps by Trashy Bags.
- Refreshments & extended shopping hours.
6:30pm - T-shirts to Totes: Learn an easy, no-sew way to transform t-shirts to reusable totes! Bring your own t-shirt or use one of ours.
7:00pm - Leather Earrings: Use repurposed leather & textiles to tailor make one-of-a-kind dangle earrings.
All materials provided for workshops. Ongoing assistance for both workshops until 8pm. Open to all ages, but we will be using scissors, irons (optional) and wire pliers.
TWO BIG BLONDES SUMMER EVENT SERIES:
Join us on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, June - September, 6:00 - 8:00 pm for special events, workshops, pop-up sales and evening shopping!!
We're really excited about supporting other local, small, woman-owned businesses! Our events are about community - which goes beyond our our physical store and is truly a "Two Big Blondes" state-of-mind.
Monthly themes to be announced, future dates include: August 14th & September 11th.
More details to come on the Facebook Event page.