Two Big Blondes Plus Size Consignment is a resale store for plus-size clothing size 14 and up & accessories located in the Central District of Seattle. We have been in business for over 25 years with a simple philosophy: happy customers, a warm inviting place to shop, a comfortable space to embrace the beauty of our bodies, and quality clothes at great prices.
We currently have an opening for a consignment buyer. The position will be part-time, approximately 16 - 24 hours/week. Potential shifts are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Consignment Buyers are responsible for:
- Accepting incoming consignment drop-offs from customers
- Using consignment database to track inventory drop-offs and maintain accurate data entry with attention to detail
- Reviewing incoming consignment for acceptance for sale, using knowledge of current trends, store consignment criteria, and store inventory needs
- Communicating with customers regarding account information and store consignment policies and criteria
- Maintaining organization of incoming consignment orders at various stages, including pre- and post-review
- Preparing and sorting clothing donations for donation
- Preparing store for opening & closing with rotating cleaning tasks, including vacuuming, dusting, garbage & recycling, and restocking supplies
Additional responsibilities & growth opportunities include:
- Knowledge of plus size fashion and garments, including brands, trends, styles & fit
- Learn store operations and fill in on the sales floor assisting customers find clothing while providing excellent customer service
- Communicate with customers about store policies and opportunities including store events and values
- Perform Point of Service at register with an understanding of database functions including consignor database, sales, inventory retention and layaways
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A passion for fashion and knowledge of both classic and current/changing fashion trends
- Retail experience in clothing / fashion setting
- A high affinity for customer service and strong communication skills
- Experience & comfort working with a diverse clientele
- A perspective of body positivity for all
- Interest in lending your creativity to customers & and overall store aesthetic
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for eco-consciousness and sustainability
- Experience using computers, including database & POS systems
- Flexible attitude for variable workflow & task-shifts throughout the day
- Prior resale buying or consignment review experience preferred
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Be punctual and self-motivated
- Communicate clearly in-person and on the phone
- Physical demands*: Ability to lift up to 20 lbs regularly. Ability to bend/stoop and reach/pull frequently. Ability to carry and walk/stand constantly for an eight-hour shift. Ability to climb stairs/ramps
*See reasonable accommodations, below
- Hourly pay rate starts at $18.50 - $19.50/hour DOE
- Annual cost of living increases
- Paid time off
- Discounts on store merchandise
Two Big Blondes is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to make arrangements.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Consignment Buyer." Please use email for communication about this opening.
Application Due Date: Sunday, May 22, 2022.